Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25 - Habits


I was told this weekend that it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. Also, it's good to try to establish just one habit at a time. Trying to do too much at once usually means screwing it all up.

I've been at this daily running thing for a tad over 3 weeks. It does feel like a habit now. So perhaps it's time to take on a new habit.

I suppose I could try to eat better. But my newly intensified cravings for fat and salt have cast a vote for a cheese burger habit. Some would say that I'm well on my way to that one. I'm not sure I'm up for that fight, yet.

No, I'm thinking something more along the lines of fiscal rebuilding... repairing some of the other damage that 2009 wrought on me personally.

(I find myself wanting to spit every time I say "2009." Anyone else?)

If this 365 habit is any indication, all it takes to whip myself back into financial shape is a simple plan and a daily kick in the shorts. Uh... the back end of the sorts, please. Thanks.

I really believe that running puts things into perspective, and gives us a chance to see ourselves without the fog of our past, our habits, our assumptions. It gives us a fresh view and helps us see what's possible.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: Rest mile day, 1.4 miles easy in old-school shoes to give the blister a break. Oh, and it's 32F and windy.

No comments:

Post a Comment