Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17 - Running Errands


After another morning spent at the Natatorium to watch my daughter swim less than 5 minutes, and a side trip with the boys, who had been super good troopers but were seriously bored nonetheless, to Dave & Busters, I was glad to be home.

Because I am perhaps the only person on the planet who could have two garage door openers fail within a week of each other, putting the car in the garage is a definitive statement of my intention for it to stay until the next day.

I stepped into the house, and there in front of me was the RedBox DVD. Frag! It's only a dollar, but I'd already had it 3 days. It's just the principle of the matter. I'm a loyal NetFlix guy. I rent movies at RedBox because they're only a dollar. This one was already costing me 300% the initial estimated cost.

With a heavy, and I'm sure pitiful sigh, I resigned to the fact that I was going to return the DVD.

That and I had to get my run in.

[Tink! Light goes on above my head.]

Meijer is about a mile from my house. I'll run the DVD back. Sweet!

I love "running" errands. Problem is there are built in limiting factors.

1) I can't carry much. I sometimes use a lightweight backpack, but I'm not going to sherpa a gallon of milk.

2) Not every store is sweaty-runner friendly.

3) Virtually no stores are dog friendly. (She was beside herself when I left without her for this run. The kids had to endure her moans and howling.)

But when the occasion arises, it's a great way to kill two birds.

Look at me, all green and stuff.

Good running,
-Doug

Numbers: 2.0 miles at 8:07. Took it easy as right foot still a bit tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment