Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 211 - Staycation Synopsis

Things I learned during my 2-weeks at home with my kids:

Replacing the glass on an iPod Touch is possible,
but not easy, no matter how easy it looks on YouTube.


I can always fall back on my short-order breakfast skills


If you turn the grill on for burgers,
and then decide to order pizza instead,
you might want to turn off the grill.

The burn duration of a nearly full propane tank on my grill set to High is less than all night


I used to love Fazoli's. Then I tolerated it. Now, plain don't like it.



It doesn't take much effort to pass as "out there" in Carmel, IN


It is physically impossible for me to listen to the theme song for
The Office without whistling or humming along. Impossible.


I think I finally understand the popularity of So You Think You Can Dance... 
And I suppose American Idol... they do make for good family viewing.
I still think they're awful, but it's fun to watch with the kids.


I have watched Mad Men since day one. Used to be that when a new episode hit my DVR, I'd watch it immediately. This season's premiere sat unwatched for 4 days. Not the series' fault... more indifference by association. Watched it last night. It killed. I'm back in.


- This is one of the top 3 worst sculptures I've ever seen.
It's ugly.
And creepy. 


Are you allowed to make up your own instrument?


Between the band and this new design studio,
looks like Jay Baker's doing ok post-local-radio stardom.


Bumper Sticker.
Yep, it's a band.

My children, left to their own devices, will watch TV non-stop. They moan and complain when they're forced from the couch, but they always end up having a good time, better than if they'd stayed in front of the tube. Even if they won't admit it. Kinda like forcing oneself out for a run, knowing you'll feel better when you're done.

One moment I'll always remember, actually it happened several times, was when they'd double-check to make sure I hadn't forgotten my run for the day. Sure, they make fun of me and this streak, but they want to see me do it, even if it is stupid.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 1.4 miles on grass and trail. Achilles is a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment