Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 208 - Dog Slow


The toe's purple, and pretty sore, but runnable.

Runnable enough that I tagged a couple extra trail loops on to the usual gotta-squeeze-it-in short course. Confused the hell out of the dog.

She's become a creature of habit. Any change to one of our normal routes and she looks at me as if I'd just told I used to be a cat.

Worse, when we get within, I don't know, a dog's smelling distance of the house, she slows down. Way down. One minute she's going with me, stride for stride, and the next I'm all-but dragging her. She turns into a furry, slobering version of a little-red-wagon. One carrying a disgruntled dog.

When she first started this, I was worried that she was hurt, or over-heated, or just getting old.

I think she just doesn't want the run to come to an end.

Can't say I blame her.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 2.2 miles, on grass and trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment