Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 210 - Kazan-not

I wanted to make dinner on the last evening of our summer staycation special. So, we headed to Kazan, a Japanese steak house, complete with clanging knives, and onion volcanoes, and flinging shrimp. It was, I thought, a family favorite.


Thing is, this is a place we used to go to, but haven't been for a while. It used to be a place for my kids and girls who they thought would be family one day.

When we reached the parking lot, the kids spotted Fazoli's across the street. The tide turned. The vote was for chain/crappy Italian.

Maybe the kids weren't ready to reclaim a restaurant.

Still, when they chose mass-produced lasagna over the theater and yumminess of cooked-in-front-of-you-with-flare-and-flame chicken and filet, a little part of me died.

Lucky for me, I had had a glorious run beforehand.

And, I took the middle one to The Runners Forum to get shoes for cross country.

Netted out to a great day.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 3.0 miles on streets.

P.S. Happy bday Soph.

2 comments:

  1. I love how un-nostalgic kids can be and how they live in the moment. It's a good lesson. Thanks for blogging about it so I don't have to have my own. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Robin - Yeah, nostalgia is a waste of energy. The past is past. But, it's hard to pass up yummy cuisine for crappy faux Italian.

    ReplyDelete