Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 99 - Running in the Dark

Some of you may remember before I even started this exercise in, what? Patience? Persistence? Counting?, that I spent a fair amount of time trying to plan ahead, to avoid any avoidable mishaps that might derail my streak. It was a little bit of paranoia, mixed with a pinch of OCD, and a dash of consumer therapy.

One of the things I bought, was a light. Specifically this light...

... in charcoal and black. Dashing.

This morning, in order to not infringe on Spring Break plans, I got to use the light... for the first time.

I gotta tell ya, it's pretty cool.

The LEDs are as bright as a car's headlight. The headband... yes headband... I wear it on my head... is comfortable and the light stays put. On my forehead. Dashing!

That's the good news. I could see. Very well.

The bad news is that the light, projected out in a narrow, focused beam, amplifies every movement. The slightest head sway or the most subtle bounding up and down results in the ellipse of extremely well light ground to move around. A lot. Violently.

If I don't clean up my running form a little more, or stop running in the dark, I'm going to sick.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 1.3 miles on the usual grass and trail, in the dark this time. Achilles a little better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment