Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 102 - A Goal

I think we all need goals. Or at least something to look forward to.

Otherwise, we end up in a rut. Days tick by. Weeks. Months. Years, even.

Without goals, we don't accomplish anything.

Without accomplishments, what does our life add up to?

Without something to look forward to, the reality of life can creep in and totally bum you out.

My goal to run every day in 2010 snapped me out of a horrible rut. Several, actually. Demanding of myself a few minutes everyday to contemplate my life or my day or my moment was just what I needed. It's awakened me, revived me, and made me more aware of where I am in my life, and in my world.

And where I am is at a plateau.

3 months in feels like the right time to kick it up a notch. Inside me there's a need, more like an urge, to reach higher.

I need a goal, people.

I'm taking suggestions, preferably in the comment section below...

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 1.3 miles. Achilles not hurting, but tight as the KATV tower's guy wire.

2 comments:

  1. - X number of miles per week? Maybe increasing it by a few every month.
    - A milage total for the year?
    - Learn Swahili by audio book while you run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Trena - Thanks, girl. Upping miles will definitely be a part of it. Just not sure how, yet. And what makes you think I'm not already fluent in Swahili?

    ReplyDelete