Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 305 - Chirp. Chirp.

Oh boy! I can't wait to see what kind of questions you highly intelligent and above average looking readers sent in... let's see... first I'll check the Gmail account... Hmmm, nothing there. Well, it's new, so maybe not anyone's first choice.

That's ok, let's check the comments on yesterday's post...

No comments posted. Hmmmm... nice looking cupcake, though. How the hell did Google Ads know I was craving a cupcake?

Let's check Facebook? Nada.

Class, you've had exactly one homework assignment in 10 months. And no one turned it in?!? No one?!!?

Ok, I'll bail you out today. Lucky for you I had a few great questions from a co-worker, who, as it turns out, isn't a reader. He's Canadian.

Mark The Canadian: How's the running going, eh?
Me: Great. Just a couple months to go.
MTC: Have you found that it's been pretty hard on you physically?
Me (inside my head): Uh, yeah! It's been a bit of a challenge running at least one mile, not one kilometer, every day, outside, at my age, for 10 months... dumbass.
Me (using my words): Meh, not too bad.
MTC: Would you recommend it to others to try?
Me (again, on the inside): Hell, no, at least not to people I like. Running every day is stupid.
Me (externally): It's a challenge, for sure. But for me, the value has come from reclaiming my life, little bits at a time, simply by reserving at least a few minutes everyday for me. In my case, that meant running every day. For you it might be something different. It's been an interesting journey, mentally, spiritually, and Hey, where are you going?
MTC: (walking away) Do I smell pulled porque*?

Canadians have notoriously short attention spans. They also tend to wander off, especially if they smell a free lunch.

Come on, gang. Don't be shy. Send in questions or topics to cover: comments section below, Facebook, or email to dougrun365@gmail.comIt'll be fun. And I'll be nice, I promise.

Good running,
Doug

*He's French Canadian.

Numbers: A quick 1.4 mile rest-mile run, and now off to the Colts Game.

4 comments:

  1. I travel a lot and would like to run while I'm away from home. What's the best way to pack your running gear? Seems like I never have room for my running shoes. Different bag? Same bag and have your work clothes smell? Wear your shoes on the plane? Help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog since about your third or fourth post, when I found it on Runners Forum's website. I enjoy it every day. Don't think that no one is reading. I just didn't want to come off as creepy stalker-ish! I like to read your descriptions of running in other cities, as I don't get to travel much. It encouraged me to take my shoes with me on a quick trip out of town for a funeral, and I was able to have a beautiful morning run in Cumberland Gap National Park. I laughed at the lisping Jedi post (Star Wars fan), and nodded in agreement at your recent description of one of the local cross-country courses as designed by Escher (He designed Northview, IMO). Your posts about your sons' running are touching to me, as I tear up at my neices' and nephews' high school cross-country meets watching not only the fast kids, some of whom are nationally ranked, but also the ones that finish a lot closer to my time. If you keep writing, I will probably keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. - What's been the most surprising thing about running every day?
    - What are you going to do when (not if!) you make it to the end of the year? Anything to celebrate? Are you going to continue the streak next year or set a different goal?
    - How's it going with the Ducati?
    - And lastly: we'll be in Indy in a couple of weeks. Are you up for a few runs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous1 - Thanks for the great question. Check out post for Day 306.

    @Anonymous2 - Thanks for the kind words. Glad you got out for a run Hope it lightened up the funeral.

    @Marino - Cheers, mate! Thanks for the Qs. Answering in Day 306 post.

    ReplyDelete