Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 312 - Both Feet

There are some days that just suck. I had one of those today.

Nothing tragic. Just crappy.

The key to turning the tide on a crappy day is turning all of that negative mojo around. Put that energy toward good instead of evil. Bury yourself in something you love.

For me, that meant hauling ass... on foot.

I was restricted to a mini-run, thanks to my tender heels. But, I made the most of it.

I saddled up the dog and we took off at the gun at a good clip. At the turn-around, we were on a respectable time. My legs were fresh, and I was pissed at the world, so I dropped the hammer.

We ran by a group of middle schoolers (up to no good, I'm sure). I expected the usual chuckles at the old dude in funny shoes and shorty-short shorts. But today, I heard one of them say "That guy's really movin'. I hope his dog can keep up."

My goal was to take at least a minute off of the outbound leg time. Ended up taking off almost 2.

At the finish, I didn't feel old. I didn't feel fat. I didn't feel a single creek or twinge. I didn't even remember why the day had sucked.

For a few seconds, I felt like a god.

Don't be afraid to pour yourself into your passion. It's called your "passion" for a reason.

Jump in. Both feet. Wild abandon.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 1.4 miles

Reward: 2 Below, the very yummy Winter Ale by my buds at New Belgium... People who know how to follow their folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment