Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 330 - Ice, Ice, Baby

Winter's here. Bloody cold out there today.

But the sun was out, the sky was blue, there was hardly a wisp of wind, and I was properly dressed.

So the dog and I headed out for a short recovery run from yesterday's sprint through two Thanksgiving feasts. Oh, and the race. Needed to recover from that, too.

When it hasn't been well below freezing for a while, that first icy run has a bit of a novelty feel to it..


Ok, peeps, I'm going to be straight with you. At this point in the post, the GF pulled in and we left for yet another Thanksgiving dinner.  As I sit back down, we've had a wonderful meal, lots of great conversation, including meeting the drummer for a quite famous rock band that shall remain nameless, and a couple glasses of wine. And a couple beers. And a couple more beers with my bud Marty.

It's been several hours since I started this post and quite frankly, I don't have a clue as to where I was going with it. It's late. And I have a product from the fine New Belgium Brewers in front of me. So, with apologies, I'm emailing this one in.

Hey more ice. I'm sure earlier I had a really interesting and insightful observation that has since left me.

Thanksgiving with the GF's family is a celebration of family and music and good fortune for being together. I'm a very lucky guy to be a part of it.

Here's my pup, who I love, despite her desire to chase vermin outside of our property limits.

The idea for this picture came to me as I was running this glorious morning. I was thinking about how lucky I am to be running on a gorgeous morning with my best running buddy. The blue of a wintery morning sky is unmatched. Just like my life.

Cheers to you, my loyal readers. And of course,

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 2.6 miles with the canine, enjoyed every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment