Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 303 - Not every 5K is created equal

There was a time, not that long ago, unless you are a fruit fly, in which case it's something like ten thousand generations ago, when I knew about every race within 50 miles of my house.

This morning I drove by two 5K races not more than 3 miles apart. One was right downtown Carmel, the other at a nearby Catholic church. Had no idea they were going on.

Probably just as well... I had no business racing today after the abysmal run yesterday.

It did remind me of a bit of good advice for new runners, though... if you have a choice between a community 5K and a Catholic 5K, remember that the community 5K is 3.1 miles, and the Catholic 5K is actually 3.4 miles ... they tack on an extra 10% for tithing.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 1.4 miles, a rest-mile day.

No comments:

Post a Comment