Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 295 - That's Good Squishee

In general, I'm against suburban sprawl.

Seeing perfectly good grass and woods turned into yet another strip mall, which itself is filled with another nail salon, another dry cleaner, another pizza dive that won't last a year, depresses me.

I'd much prefer to live without a car, within walking distance of a grocery, a theater, a library, and a pub.

Here's my paradox. Suburban sprawl has dropped over-priced candy, even more over-priced sodas, and hotdogs on rollers, in my neighborhood.

The unstoppable force I oppose has conspired to tempt me with convenience, within walking distance.

And I'd have resisted it's bright lights and empty calories... if not for the Squishee machines.

When the Quik-E-Mart first appeared, the first question from the backseat...
"Do you think they'll have Squishees?"

Of course... They do.

And it's so close, that it hardly melts at all on the run home.


Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 1.2 miles on streets

No comments:

Post a Comment