Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 146 - No Excuses.

Ever had to read a business book for work? Uhg.

But, in keeping with my mantra "always find something positive"*, I dog-eared a page that had this at the top:
Don't let yourself off the hook with excuses. It's entirely your responsibility to make your dreams come true. - Rework by Fried and Hansson, pg 41.
If it weren't so long, I'd make that a mantra.

How many dreams have you let slip away without even taking a crack at realizing them? What was your excuse? Doesn't matter, there is no excuse.

We are responsible for our dreams, our happiness, our lives.

We spend too much time trying to give others that responsibility, expecting circumstances to make an easy path for us, waiting for a life of satisfaction and contentment to fall into our lap.

That's living someone else's life... or none at all. Wake up and take charge. And do it now, before your short time here is up.

For me, this year, I've started to forge my own path. I've run every day. I've written every day.

But the important thing is that those two together have helped, no, forced me to examine my life, my thoughts, my feelings, my priorities, my goals, my place in the universe... every day. And these are essential elements for seeing truth, being happy, being who you were meant to be, and making dreams come true, for yourself and for those you love.

Live your life. With your eyes wide open. Same goes for your mind. And your heart.

Good running,
Doug

*That's just one of my mantras. I have several. Another is "never turn down a brownie".

Numbers: 3.0 miles. Hot. Hot! HOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment