Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 130 - Forrest Park

Even though my 13-yr old hurdling victim is out of commission, he's still hanging with his team for games and practices. That's really cool.

That being said, a chilly Monday evening game is a test of parental dedication and patience. And doubly so when your kid isn't playing.

But watching him diligently learning to keep score as the team's unofficial assistant to the assistant coach, and seeing him yapping with his teammates, warmed my heart.


Before the game, I had a chance to get a couple of miles in around Forrest Park in Noblesville. The park's long and skinny, north to south, and has lots of grass. After yesterday's rock stomp, my foot was enjoying the grass.

But let's face it, this isn't NYC's Central Park. There were swing sets, and picnic shelters, and awkward teenage couples. Oh, and a miniature golf course and carousel, both closed up tight.

At the turn-around point, there was a depot.


Not really a depot, but a monument to the birth of commuting. I am not making this up. See...

"I miss the magic of the Interurban railway that never really took off.
I think we should build a depot, to nowhere, to memorialize it."

Just when I was about to give up on this park, out of the corner of my eye...

... a trail!

Sweet! It's narrow. It's lush. It's winding.

It's exactly 10 yards long.

Seriously... what you see above is the entire trail.

More like a "path" I guess.

Meh. Still better than running on the roads. And it was time for the game to start, anyway.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 1.8 miles on grass, and 9 steps on trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment