Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 123 - Sheriff

Tomorrow is Primary day. In Hamilton County, Indiana, the Republican Primary is essentially election day.

I'll miss the election season. I laugh every time I see this yard sign:


I'm sure Ken Heiny is a nice person and would make a good sheriff.

However, I'm also guessing that he took a lot of flack in grade school. And I'm also guessing that he has more than a little repressed hostility from years of that flack buried deep in his psyche. And I'm also guessing that the sight of a guy standing in a fountain in shorty-short shorts long-arming a photo with his iPhone, blatantly defiling a significant landmark in HIS community, might just set him off.

And if he does see me, and takes me in, I'm sure that my pointing and laughing at his name badge, which I will not be able to resist, won't win me any points. It may win me a pistol handle to the temple.

I'll be voting for the other guy.

Mark Bowen, because his name doesn't make you giggle.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 4.3 miles on pavement talking Mini prep with Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment