Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 135 - Opening Day

Today was a great day.

#3 I found my favorite bum-around-the-house shorts!

#2 A big family day. Had my sibs, their kids, and the girlfriend over for burger, dogs, and brats. Kickball, spoons, and a thousand great moments.

#1 Opening day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway! Boo - what for it ... yah!

Took the kids and a friend of the oldest. It was a short encounter with the beautiful girl at 16th and Georgetown. But it had everything... Lots of fast cars, good crowd, cheerful Yellow Shirts (a special one only charged me for 4 tickets, even though we were 5), a track dog, posters, and a yellow for debris, and even a little bit of rain.

I love The Speedway. Doesn't matter what's going on. I just love being in the place. Put some race cars on the thing, and I'm in heaven. But add my kids into it, and it just doesn't get any better.

Seeing them get stoked when we hear our first car of the season as we hit Crawfordsville and 16th.

Having them correct me when I blurt out the wrong driver for a car going by.

Watching them watch the cars, oblivious to the rest of the crowd, the rest of the sights, the passing of time.

The Speedway is a special place for us. I am so fortunate to be able to share it with them.

And I love that they are coming to love it as much as I do.

No, not yet.

It's May in Indianapolis!! Green. Green! GREEN!

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 1.6 miles squeezed in just as the clan was rolling in for grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment