Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 57 - Punishable by Death

Did you know that firing squads are still legal in Oklahoma?

I bet there aren't many 8am conference calls scheduled in Oklahoma.

I know that if firing squads were legal in Indiana, a certain project manager would be picking out his blindfold about now.

Who schedules a demo and review for 8am on a Friday? I'll tell you who... someone who's hiding something. They think they can sneak stuff past us while we aren't quite awake.*

My lunch was booked for shopping for my 13yr old's bday, so the run had to happen in the morning...before the call.

My legs felt great. I was hoping for at least a fast-ish 5K. But with a late sunrise, and jacked up traffic due to half of the north-south routes from my house to my office being under construction at the same time, that wasn't going to happen.

I spent more time getting dressed than running.

But I was on that call on time. Totally worth it.

"Yeah, this all looks great, Steve...now go stand over by that stone wall."

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 1.3 miles, just enough to get warmed up.

*Or they have a development team in India with an 11.5 hour time difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment