Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 32 - Office Changing


I've mentioned previously how lucky I am to be able to run from work. We have showers, a nice variety of running routes, and understanding, and often participating, management.

So I run at lunch often. Most days it's the perfect time to run. It serves as a break, a chance to recharge. I never fail to return with a fresh perspective, a new idea or two, and a much better mood.

I'm also fortunate enough to have an office.

Since our lunch runs usually include 2 or 3 people, too many for the small shower room, I tend to change in my office.

Today, while I was changing, it dawned on me... I am buck-naked in my office.

Among the gear spread across my office floor (kinda clockwise): foam roller, stretching rope, electronics gear bag, medium weight pants, jacket, BodyGlide, GPS watch and heart-rate band, shirt, shorts, shoes, socks, work shirt, jeans, big ear bag

Just on the other side of the door, and a floor to ceiling window covered only with a flimsy set of blinds, is a bustling software company.

In the other direction, you'll find 2 big windows with a nice view of another office building.

That's when it dawned on me that I wasn't 100% sure that my windows are treated with that reflective stuff. Surely they are... right?

If not, then I'm putting on quite a show between 11:00 and 11:30 most weekdays.

Good Running,
Doug

Numbers: 4.2 miles with Mike, discussing the insolence of today's youth among other things that we have no hope to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment