Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 48 - Buzz Kill

Nothing kills the buzz of a nice lunchtime run like work talk.Leave it on a whiteboard somewhere, or drop it into PowerPoint. I'm out here to escape. Yeesh...


So... I'm going to talk about the Winter Olympics. Specifically the television coverage.


NBC, I'd like an all alpine channel. And an all curling channel.


It's a crime that we are subjected to 713 rounds of figure skating short programs, and get not even a third of the downhill runs.


I understand that I have less-than-popular taste, but come on.... who wouldn't rather watch people risking their lives, rocketing over an iced-on-purpose, damn near vertical course... down a mountain!




And Snowboard-Cross... are you kidding me... this is made for TV. Clear winner, short races, intense shoulder-to-shoulder competition, people flying through the air, repeatedly. I'd watch Snowboard-Cross every weekend. If this doesn't appeal to you more than yet another triple salchow and frilly unitard, then you... well, I just don't know.




Curling? It's the most relaxing sport in the world. Canada's bowling. I bet half those dudes have beers stashed just behind the boards. Even shuffle board is more interesting than figure skating. This is extreme shuffle board...with heavy-ass stones... and brooms... on ice!




Uhg, I need another run, already...


Next time I run from work, I go it alone.


Good running,
Doug


Numbers: 1.3 rest-miles... felt like 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment