Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 337 - BSV infection

I've been infected by a vicious virus. The Blister in the Sun virus (BSV).

I don't think it's a threat to the streak. But my sanity is definitely at risk.

I was exposed watching what I'd assumed was an innocent family year-in-review video. Two-thirds of the way through, the scored changed unexpectedly to Violent Femmes. There was no warning, I didn't see it coming. There was no chance of avoiding exposure.

It's been 8 days now and the song is still trapped in my head... playing over, and over, and over.

I've been caught unknowingly humming, or outright singing it, dozens of times. That's the virus trying to spread.

I've tried listening to the song. Singing it, on purpose, after ensuring that no one else was within earshot and at risk of infection. I've read the lyrics.* I've even tried to substitute the song with other virally infectious songs.

Unfortunately there is no antidote for BSV. I'll just have to let it run its course.

BEWARE: Hazardous Material
Do not watch if you are not naturally immune.

Good running,
Doug

*It's not about what most people think it's about. It's actually from the point of view/voice of a girl who the singer liked, but who dismissed him because he had small hands.

Numbers: 1.7 miles around the neighborhood in the dark while the kids devoured the pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment