Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 235 - Timeless

A runner without a watch is like a baseball player without sunflower seeds, or an NFL player without a handgun, or an NBA player without a handful of baby-mamas.

Yet here I sit, watchless. Have been for weeks. Maybe months.

I used to be a watch hound. Loved watches. Loved buying watches. Not the expensive designer watches, or the elegant/artistic real movement watches with actual gears inside. These were running watches. Black. Digital. Plastic. Functional gadgets, not stylish jewelry.

I had alarms set, and timers running. And I always knew the date. And time.

Now, not so much.

As I sit here and try to understand why, I know that I have my phone on me to fill some of the void. But it's not the same.

I guess I just don't really care what time it is anymore. Not enough to have it at the ready, a wrist-turn away.

That feels like a good thing.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 4.4 miles on roads