Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 234 - I need a Massage

There are days when running is effortless.

There are days when running is fun.

There are days when running is an amazing workout.

And there are days like today.

Today was an exercise in patience and understanding. Being patient with my body as it goes from sick to well, and understanding that it takes its sweet time with this process.

In my twenties, I could do anything.

In my thirties, I could do anything, but I'd be sore the next morning.

In my forties, I think I can do anything. And when I try, I pay the price for a couple days.

I don't know if I'll ever get used to how long it takes me to heal. I hope that I don't start using that as an excuse to hold back.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 3.1 miles, mostly a struggle as my legs outpaced my lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment