Friday, June 24, 2011

Pony up!

Dear above-average-looking with way-above-average-intelligence readers of DougRun365,

We've had a lot of fun, haven't we. Remember that one post? That really funny one? Man, that was great...

Hey, I'd like to discuss something with you... Have you ever heard of Amway?

Kidding.

I wouldn't do that to you. I like you folks.

I am, though, going to ask you to pull your wallet. Pull it out of your back pocket, or purse, or your back pack, or your desk drawer. Or maybe your a big shot with a money clip. Doesn't matter, just keep reading, please.

For those of you who have been paying attention the last few weeks, you already know that I've been channeled my considerable power and influence in the running community in the direction of an amazing organization called Back on My Feet.

If you weren't aware of this, where have you been? What, if I don't write every day you stop reading? Click that link back there and get caught up, we'll wait... Done? Ok.

I haven't asked for much more than your adoration, and there's been the occasional cry for affirmation in the form of a comment posting, but now I'm asking for hard cash for a good cause. Actually, they also take debit cards, credit cards, and AMEX.

My local chapter of Back on My Feet is running a little fundraiser and I'm determined to do my part by asking you do do your part. But, I'm also going to step up.

Here's the deal... Go to this page (totally secure, I promise) and enter your donation amount. It goes straight to Back on My Feet Indianapolis. Any amount helps, but let's not be shy... or cheap. Give what you can.

Here's what I'll do... every single donation will get a huge thank you call out on this here blog. That's right... your name will be on the internet!* Don't worry, I won't put how much you donated. I will, however, express my sincere gratitude for supporting an insanely worthy cause that means a lot to me. And, if I know you, I'll include a flattering anecdote. If I don't know you, feel free to send me a flattering anecdote.

But wait, there's more...

The largest donation will earn the donor... drum roll, please... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ok-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ok, cut the-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ENOUGH!

Drummers... yeesh!

The largest donation will earn the donor a run with this humble blogger, complete with a special fountain-defiling experience, souvenir photo, and a DougRun365 post just for/about them. I KNOW!

I fully expect a bidding war.

Please, pull out your card, click the link, fill out the form, and bask in the feelings of generosity and good deeding.

Seriously, do it now, before you forget.

I thank you, as will those who, through your donation, get back on their feet.

Good running,
Doug

*Unless you ask me not to.

Image from here.

3 comments:

  1. If I win I request that you make up a fictional character that merely resembles me and a wild story about the donation for your blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the deadline to post a donation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Robin, deal, as long as, if you win, you defile a fountain.

    @ Anon - You have until July 25th, according to the BoMF folks. But don't dilly-dally, or you might forget.

    ReplyDelete