Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Jitters

If you've ever toed the line for a race, one where you really wanted to do well (whatever that meant for you at the time), you know the feeling. Right up to the last split second before the gun goes off, their's that voice.
  • "You really think you're prepared for this?"
  • "Just take it easy and cruise this one."
  • "Why aren't you home in bed?"
  • "Are you nuts?"
Even if you've never raced, surely you've stood face-to-face with the unknown, your own personal unknown. At once dead sure you're going to kick some ass, and equally certain that your ass is about to be kicked.

That's what I've got going on right now. I'm soaking in it.

8 days in a row is my record. Oh, and the next day I put in my log that my back was killing me. Four or five times I've made 7 in a row. Otherwise my log is like swiss cheese.

If I make it through January, a whole 31 days in a row, that will mean bettering my record by almost 3 1/2 times.

If I do that, I will be less than 10% of the way to 365.

The jitters are there to remind us that we are about to test ourselves, push our limits, and maybe we should pay attention.

I can't wait to see what happens.

This is going to be a great year!

PS - "The Jitters" would also be a great name for a band.
PSS - Yoink! Guess it already was a great name for a band.

No comments:

Post a Comment