Thursday, April 19, 2012

50 sphincters clinched

There are over 50 sphincters in the human body (seriously).

Nothing will cause every one of those over 50 sphincters to clinch tight as a drum head like a "Hey sport, less than 2 weeks before your marathon" email...


I wish I was in "taper mode", and not "freak out" mode.

I wish I could say I felt well prepared.

I wish I could say I felt confident.

I wish I could say I wasn't scared poopless.

But the reality is that my training has been poor. The reality is that the hills are going to eat me alive. And then puke me up. And then eat me again, like a dog with stomach issues.

Seriously, I might not be able to walk for a week after the race. Seriously.

Still, I can't wait.

It's Big F'in Sur.

It is going to be glorious!

Good running,
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment