Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm sorry I hate you... so very, very much

I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have flipped you off.

You didn't do anything wrong. It was just... you see... you were running.

There you were, running down the sidewalk, oblivious to me in my car, oblivious to pretty much everything, probably. And that's great. That's just what we want from a solo run, obliviousness. I'm happy for you. Really.

Thing is, I can't run right now, so seeing you running, early in the morning, in the rain and cold... I let my jealousy get the best of me. And I let the bird fly.

Again, sorry.

If it makes you feel any better, you got off easy. The day before I saw two guys out in full chilly-weather gear, chatting, waiting at a crosswalk for me to drive by so they could continue their run. I gave them a crisp "F*** You!"  That kind of FU that drips with disdain. I'm not proud of that moment. It just kinda flew out. Again... not their fault. And horribly un-Budha-like of me. These guys, and you, are my people. Even though I don't know you, I kinda do. I shouldn't behave as I did.

In my defense, when people are hungry, they can get a little testy. Withhold sex for a few days and your partner is going to be a little less than chipper. Take running away from a runner, and, well... it can get unpleasant.

I'm on the mend. I'm doing my exercises. I'll be back at it soon.

Until then, I hope you'll pardon my mood.

And the profanity.

Good running,
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment