Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 339 - Brownies

There are few things I enjoy more than a good brownie. And right behind brownies comes brownie batter. Obviously, making my own brownies kills two birds, deliciously.

A brownie is about 110 calories, according to the box. Of course, the box also says that there are 20 servings in the pan. Even if I were certain I'd break out into hives and acne and violent flatulence if I ate more that one "serving", there's no way I could stop at 1/20th of what I pulled out of the oven a couple hours ago. So let's say 220 calories per (heavenly) square.

For most people, that's 2 miles.

Run or walk 2 miles for every brownie, and you break even, calorie-wise. Karma-wise, you are wuh-hay ahead.

I suggest running, then brownies, carrot-before-the-horse style. Plus, you know how many brownies you can eat guilt free. And in my case, how many miles I need to run tomorrow to catch up.

Good running,
Doug

Numbers: 3.0 miles on slippery streets and sidewalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment